Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- Which myths about wedding rings exist?
- Which superstitions about wedding rings with diamonds exist?
- Bad omens on the wedding day
As part of the wedding preparations, couples have an important decision to make: the choice of their wedding rings. As you will normally wear your wedding ring the rest of your life, the choice of rings is not straightforward. Most future couples choose wedding rings that sort of match with each other. Wedding rings for women, however, are often set with beautiful precious stones such as diamonds. Other gemstones can lose their brilliance when worn every day, but diamonds shine as beautiful as on the wedding day, even after several years.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 26.370 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom ￥ 7.710 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 17.950 (excl. VAT)
2.00 carat diamond princess earrings in red goldFrom ￥ 12.150 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 19.620 (excl. VAT)
Which myths about wedding rings exist?
Wedding rings are special. They are and have been a symbol for the love between two people for hundreds of years. Certain myths and superstitions about wedding rings go back just as long. According to one myth, you should not joke around with a wedding ring, otherwise misfortune can occur. After all, the predecessors of wedding rings were a symbol of slavery in ancient times.
Which superstitions about wedding rings with diamonds exist?
The wedding ring of a woman must never be worn by any other person, especially not by another woman. Future wives should therefore pay attention to whom they entrust their diamond ring, as according to superstition, another person wearing or trying on your wedding ring will result in infidelity in the relationship.
Most women are happy with a wedding ring made from gold or platinum. According to myth, however, only a fiery sparkling diamond will ensure a couple’s passion keeps burning. The men in the USA apparently take this superstition very seriously as they often spend large sums on a diamond ring for their engagement. This is why the engagement ring is often used as a wedding ring as well.
Bad omens on the wedding day
On the day of the wedding, the following should be avoided at all costs:
- Dropping the wedding rings: According to superstition, the groom must pay special attention to the handling of the rings on the wedding day. If a ring falls, the marriage could become inharmonious. Even worse, according to another myth, if the groom drops the wedding rings, he will probably be the first to die.
- Getting the wedding ring stuck on your finger: If the wedding ring does not easily slide on the woman's finger, it is rumoured the woman will turn out to be the dominant person in the marriage. If, however, the man can put the ring on his wife's finger quite easily, he will probably be in charge.
Are you looking for wedding rings for your special day? Let the experts at BAUNAT advise you in your selection!