Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
The red Moussaieff diamond – also known as the Red Shield Diamond or red shield - is a 5.11 Carat triangular brilliant cut diamond, and is officially Fancy Red as color. The diamond may seem small compared to the other most expensive diamonds, but it is the world's largest red diamond, very rare in its kind.
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 18.070 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom ￥ 8.100 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom ￥ 10.570 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom ￥ 49.150 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom ￥ 16.200 (excl. VAT)
The Moussaieff was discovered in the 1990s by Brazilian farmers in the Abaetezinho River, in the Alto Paranaíba region. The rough stone weighed 13.9 carats. The diamond was purchased and cut by the William Goldberg Diamond Corp. In 2001 the stone was purchased by Shlomo Moussaieff, an Israeli-American jewellery trader from London.
Colored diamonds are currently very on trend, so is the red, the colour of love. Because of their rarity are colored diamonds pretty pricey. Do you have a limited budget? No problem! Rubies are the ideal alternative: cheaper and equally beautiful. At BAUNAT, you are at the right place for a jewel set with colored diamonds and/or gems.