Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
E-commerce means diamonds are now within everyone's grasp. Only the so-called super diamonds are reserved for the lucky few. The Koh-i-Noor diamond, which was set in Queen Elizabeth's crown, belongs in this category. With a price tag of at least €140 million, this diamond is of inestimable value.
- What is the Koh-i-Noor diamond?
- Where did the Koh-i-Noor diamond originate?
- How did this super diamond end up in British hands?
- The mythical powers of the Koh-i-Noor diamond
- How much is the Koh-i-Noor diamond worth?
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.670 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 26.370 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 18.070 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 17.950 (excl. VAT)
1.55 carat diamond halo earrings in white goldFrom ￥ 31.450 (excl. VAT)
Upon noticing the unique precious stone in the turban, Persian commander Nadir Sjah cried 'Koh-i-Noor', or 'mountain of light'.
The Koh-I-Noor’s value isn’t exactly known, but it is estimated to be worth €140 to €400 million. It is one of the most important diamonds in the world and is a part of the United Kingdom’s Crown Jewels. The Koh-I-Noor’s diamond has a total weight of 109 carats.
Originally, the Koh-I-Noor’s weighed 186 carats. The queen was dissatisfied with the stone's luster and had it recut to in 1852 by renowned Coster Diamonds in Amsterdam. It is on display, along with the other British Crown Jewels, at the Tower of London, where the renowned Cullinan diamonds are also exhibited.