Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Black diamonds (or carbonados) aren't always the first to spring to mind when you think of diamonds. Yet this colour of diamond is a real eyecatcher in jewellery, even in a wedding ring. Certainly, if you like to think outside of the box and you're looking for an original alternative to colourless diamonds. In the utmost style, of course. Find out more about black diamonds here and browse our black diamond ring collection.
- What is a black diamond?
- The special significance of a black diamond
- The rarity and price of a black diamond
- Black diamonds in jewellery
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.670 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 26.370 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 18.070 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom ￥ 9.610 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom ￥ 7.710 (excl. VAT)
Black diamonds are found in just three places: Brazil, the Central African Republic and South Africa
But women are finding this diamond colour more and more appealing too
Tip: Adding colourless diamonds to jewellery lend the piece a softer appearance
The 3 best known black diamonds
- Black Amsterdam Diamond: This magnificent 33.74 carat black diamond was found in 1972 in South Africa. The pear-shaped stone acquired its name in honour of the city of Amsterdam's 700th anniversary. The diamond is now set in a necklace, along with 15 colourless diamonds.
- The Black Orlov: This exceptional diamond was found in the 19th century, and is known as the Eye of Brahma. This black diamond was believed to be cursed, since some of its owners committed suicide. One owner was the Russian princess, Nadia Vygin-Orlov, whom the diamond is named after.
- Spirit of the Grisogono: The Spirit of the Grisogono is the largest black diamond ever. The name derives from the Swiss jeweller Grisogono, who was charged with cutting the diamond. The 312 carat diamond is presently set in a white gold ring with 700 small colourless diamonds.
Which precious metal best complements the black diamond?
Be sure to also consider our tailor-made jewellery service. Working with our experts you can design black diamond jewellery entirely how you want it.