Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- How can a necessary size adjustment be avoided in advance?
- How do enlargements and reductions work?
- Which rings cannot be adjusted?
There are various reasons why a ring adjustment may be necessary: the desire to wear the ring on another finger, weight gain or weight loss. Ideally, the ring should sit on the finger so that it neither too tight nor too loose. However, resistance on the skin should be noticeable, men who have never bought a ring before especially make the mistake of choosing a ring that is too big; the ring can be quickly lost during fast movements, especially when the hands are colder and the tissue contracts.
A subsequent enlargement or reduction is usually no problem but can be avoided when buying a new ring if the right ring size is selected. Existing rings that fit will are perfect as a template for sizing. In addition, most jewellers provide plastic ring measures that are similar to a cable tie and make possible to get an exact ring measurement, even for laymen.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 26.450 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 18.070 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom ￥ 6.910 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom ￥ 15.090 (excl. VAT)
0.20 carat diamond design infinity necklace in platinumFrom ￥ 10.570 (excl. VAT)
Almost all rings can be made smaller; engraving that must be preserved is difficult. Rings with ornaments all around the band that would no longer be flush after a small piece of the ring had been removed should not be made smaller. Diamond rings with stones all around the band, as is often the case with eternity rings, cannot be made smaller, or only with considerable effort.
A reduction is usually at the expense of this finely balanced tension.
The same applies to all rings that are not made of metal, such as wooden rings.
As simple as the procedure may look at first glance, clumsy adjustments quickly lead to avoidable visual defects. The first port of call for an adjustment should always be the jeweller or online jeweller from which you bought the ring.
Are you looking for a classic diamond ring?