Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- Why choose an expensive engagement ring?
- The criteria determining the price of an engagement ring
- The average budget of an engagement ring
From the moment he considers asking for her hand; one of the bridegroom's main concerns is the choice of the engagement ring. Between choosing the model to buy and the size, don't forget to prepare your budget for such a purchase.
But how much should you spend on an engagement ring? To get an idea of the value of an engagement ring, here is some important information to take into account before your purchase.
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.670 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom ￥ 9.610 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom ￥ 7.710 (excl. VAT)
2.00 carat diamond princess earrings in red goldFrom ￥ 12.150 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom ￥ 6.910 (excl. VAT)
Why choose an expensive engagement ring?
Love has no value, but the value of an engagement ring can sometimes be very important. The price of an engagement ring lies in its quality. Indeed, most expensive models highlight the best materials available. Read our article on how much to pay for an engagement ring.
In general, the diamond solitaires that cost the most according to the size of the stone. For some solitaires, the larger the diamond, the more important the engagement. It's just really important not to forget that the ring is only a symbol marking the event, and that there are models to suit every budget.
The criteria determining the price of an engagement ring
The value of an engagement ring varies from one model to another. The prices set by jewellery stores are based on various criteria that make a ring more or less expensive. Among the points to be considered to find the right model at the right price, are:
- The quality of stones: whether there are one or more precious stones, the quality should be checked to find out if the price is right. To do this, couples can refer to the four Cs: carat, cut, clarity and colour, which determine the characteristics of gemstones. Thus, a ring with several stones will not necessarily have the same price as a very high quality diamond solitaire.
- The quality of metals: prices also vary between gold, silver or platinum. It all depends on the composition of the precious metals used to make the engagement ring. Among the most common are 750 gold and 925 silver, which are affordable for all budgets. Platinum is considered the most expensive material, compared with gold and silver.
Apart from the main features, the value of the engagement ring can also differ depending on the brand or its place of purchase. The same applies to the design because some models are rarer than others, which creates an important contrast.
The average budget of an engagement ring
Buying an engagement ring is proof of your love and commitment. As a result, it is difficult to determine the most appropriate amount needed to purchase a quality engagement ring. Click on this page to find out how to value the diamond of an engagement ring.
While some will spend several months' salary, others will opt for simplicity. In all cases, the most important thing is to please your partner so she says yes to your proposal regardless of the value of your engagement ring.
Would you like more information on the value of an engagement ring? BAUNAT offers engagement rings at all prices. Contact us to discuss your budget and your desires.