Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Do you prefer wearing a classic gold ladies' necklace, one with a beautiful pendant or locket, a chunky choker or a longer opera necklace? A beautiful necklace really makes a woman's neck shine out. Wearing the right necklace testifies to impeccable taste and helps you make a fashion statement. At least if you buy the necklace with care, and adapt it to your personality, body features and style. Find out how a necklace can make a lady sparkle.
- Which ladies' necklace suits me best?
- What are the three types of ladies' necklace at BAUNAT?
- How long is a short or long necklace chain?
- Which diamond shape and style should I choose for a pendant?
- On which occasions might I decide on a necklace as a present?
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.200 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 26.120 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 26.050 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom ￥ 4.710 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom ￥ 21.500 (excl. VAT)
Choosing a necklace based on my outfit
The first aspect to consider is your outfit, the neckline is certainly important. If you are getting married, it is therefore important to decide on your wedding dress before choosing a necklace. Perhaps, when choosing the wedding dress, suggest what kind of ladies' necklace you would like to wear.
Choosing a necklace based on my body shape
If you are somewhat short in stature, then it is best to wear a shorter necklace. A longer chain emphasises your height. Only a shorter necklace will make short women look taller. You can also mix and match short and long necklaces for an extremely trendy look.
A yellow gold necklace suits ladies with a darker skin tone best, and a white gold necklace those with paler tones
Choosing a necklace based on my body contour
The rules for matching earrings with the contours of your face and hairstyle extend to necklaces, too. Preferably choose an "upside down" version of your face shape. Round shapes further enhance the curved contours of your face, while straight and angular shapes further accentuate the sharp lines in your face.
The classic ladies' necklace consists of a single strand as opposed to having a pendant or locket. Naturally there is a clasp at the back. You can find various designs in our collection. So, for example, there are necklaces with a bow, a heart or even a Toi et Moi design (two rings together). Or do you fancy a personalised name pendant?
The ladies' necklaces in the designer collections are certainly worth the effort. They have more elegant and playful designs and suit trendy women perfectly who are looking for something unique.
The lower part of a pendant hangs quite literally from the chain. The pendant is not attached to the chain itself. A pendant is also perfect for experimenting with diamond shapes.
A pendant is perfect for various shapes and styles. Just think of the pear shape or halo style
Finally, we talk about lockets. This is similar to a pendant, with the difference that a locket opens up, where you can store very personal items of great emotional value.
- A pendant with pear-shaped diamond: the elegant pear-shaped diamond is also called a teardrop diamond due to its distinctive shape. This shape exudes class, but it also works to your advantage. Your neck is accentuated beautifully, thanks to the length of the pear shape, and your neck will even appear to be longer.
- A pendant with a solitaire diamond: with a solitaire brilliant you definitely draw all the attention to your neck. It is beautiful in its austereness but always exudes grandeur and class. Refined elegance and breathtaking sparkle: that's a brilliant in a nutshell. The round cut of the brilliant looks classic, but also timeless. A pendant with solitaire brilliant goes just as well with an evening dress as with a rugged T-shirt & skinny jeans combo.
A pendant with your loved one's birthstone is a classy and personal gift
- A diamond pendant in the halo style: diamond pendants with a halo setting, a center diamond is surrounded by smaller ones. The brilliance from all the various stones creates the illusion of a single but impressive large diamond. A round brilliant is best suited for a halo setting. The effect is most obvious with this shape, but a princess cut or marquis shape are absolutely options, too.
- A pendant with a coloured diamond: do you want your pendant to stand out really well? Then you could always go for a made to order pendant with coloured diamonds. A long necklace with a sparkling coloured diamond is the perfect accessory for any party or important event. If you wear the pendant over a little black dress, your black outfit will immediately get the necessary colour and some extra cachet.
A necklace is also an ideal present for a wedding anniversary. For example, choose a pendant with a stone matching the anniversary. If you have been married for 16 years, then a gold ladies' necklace with a center sapphire is an excellent present.