Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Welke diamanten oorbellen kopen?
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
Are you getting ready to propose to your partner? As you know, a marriage proposal is no everyday event. It isa unique moment between you and your beloved and you want everything to go perfectly.You’ll want a setting that perfectly represents your love, and of course, the perfect engagement ring. Do you have no idea where to start? We know how overwhelming planning a proposal can be so here are some tips to follow to help you buy the perfect engagement ring.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 0.50 carat solitaire ring in white gold with four prongs and side diamondsFrom USD 2.490 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom USD 1.730 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.690 (excl. VAT)
- 1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom USD 3.370 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.750 (excl. VAT)
What is the difference between an engagement ring and a wedding ring?
Let's first outline thedifference between an engagement ring and a wedding ring. Although both rings symbolise the eternal bond between 2 soulmates, there are a few differences between them in terms of both the purchasing process and their outward appearances.
You tend to buy an engagement ring by yourself, whereaswedding rings tend to be bought with your partner. According to tradition, engagement rings need to have a sparkling diamond, whereas wedding rings are more simple and smooth.
A kiss on the hand is nice but a diamond bracelet is forever
Which types of engagement rings are a safe choice?
Want an engagement ring that makes a statement?
Discover our High Jewellery collection.
How do you choose the right diamond?
What do you need to know about the cut?
Which trends are we aware of?
How do you add colour to her engagement ring?
If you prefer to keep things plain and simple, then combining yellow and white gold is perfect. If you are looking for something more eye-catching, then try combining white and red gold. A multicoloured ring might be a little more expensive, but you will be sure to have an absolutely unique engagement ring.
The higher the carat weight, the higher the price of the engagement ring.
How much should an engagement ring cost?
What alternatives are there to engagement rings?
How should I ask her father for her hand?
This happens much less frequently today, but it still has a certain charm and is a lot less seriousthan in the past. Many couples already live together before they get married, meaning that the change is a lot less distinct. Many still ask for permission for romantic reasons. You can also ask for tips on how to make the proposal extra special.
True love stories have no ending.
What should you consider when organising a proposal?
In Belgium, you need to register that you intend to get married at least 14 days and up to 6 months beforehand for civil marriages. You need to visit the civil registry where you live and where you wedding ceremony will take place. You have to bring your identity cards, both your birth certificates, any marriage contract and an excerpt from the death or divorce register if you were previously married.
Some people turn their notice of marriage into an event almost as significant as the actual marriage ceremony.
Are you ready to decide?
Not quite sure? Then consider a few classic choices. The most traditional and safe option is the round brilliant single diamond. But a diamond ring with several stones or coloured gemstones will also make her jaw drop.