Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
The diamond district, also known as the diamond neighbourhood or the diamond quarter, places Antwerp on the world map as the centre for the diamond trade. Diamond experts cut, polish and sell diamonds and jewellers process them into jewellery such as rings, bracelets, necklaces and much more. At least 80% of all diamonds in the world pass through Antwerp. Now that's more than enough reason to visit the diamond district and breathe in the atmosphere.
- Antwerp, the diamond city
- When did the diamond district in Antwerp emerge?
- Where can I find the diamond neighbourhood in Antwerp?
- What can be experienced in the diamond district of Antwerp?
- Where should I buy my diamonds?
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.55 carat diamond design floral bangle bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 18.070 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 17.950 (excl. VAT)
1.55 carat diamond halo earrings in white goldFrom ￥ 31.450 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom ￥ 15.090 (excl. VAT)
1.70 carat design medallion with small round diamonds in white goldFrom ￥ 49.150 (excl. VAT)
The Antwerp diamond neighbourhood changed places several times over the centuries, including from the surroundings around the Groenplaats towards Paardenmarkt and the Meir. Since the beginning of the 20th century, the diamond district has been located near Antwerp Central Station. Over the past 50 years, the economic importance of the diamond trade for the city has continued to increase and fairs and auction houses have been established.
The Rijfstraat, Hoveniersstraat and Schupstraat form the hard core. The diamond experts in Vestingstraat and Lange Herentalsstraat focus mainly on tourism. The diamond district is easy to reach if you come from abroad, as it is just next to Antwerp Central Station.
So you can't come to Antwerp? Then you can also make an appointment in one of our other showrooms worldwide. Other popular locations include Hong Kong and Nice
- Here we think among other things of the Diamond Trade Exchange in Hoveniersstraat
- Next to the exchange you will find the Diamond Office, where all imports and exports of diamonds are registered in Antwerp. It is part of the Antwerp World Diamond Centre (AWDC), the umbrella organisation of the diamond sector, founded in 1973.
- In the middle of the diamond district is the Portuguese Synagogue, a sober building with the traits of a neo-Romanesque church.
- A little further away, you can also visit the Diamond Museum DIVA and the diamond pavilion at the MAS.
We also make sure you can enjoy your diamond jewellery with the least delay. The average delivery period for jewellery from the standard collection is 1 to 10 working days. For tailor-made jewellery, you should take a delivery period of 4 working weeks into account.
With BAUNAT jewellery, you will always get a certificate of authenticity from a reputable gemmological laboratory such as GIA, HRD or IGI. Thus, you can always be sure that your diamonds are of natural origin, high quality and that they were mined ethically.