Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
- The marquise cut diamond is a beautiful, elegant and female diamond shape.
- Breathtaking in every setting. We would like to put our favorites in the spotlight.
- If you are planning to buy a diamond engagement ring, BAUNAT can show you an extensive collection.
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 21.220 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom ￥ 3.440 (excl. VAT)
1.55 carat diamond halo earrings in white goldFrom ￥ 29.250 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 17.870 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom ￥ 20.360 (excl. VAT)
It is time again to put a beautiful diamond shape in the spotlight. This time, it’s all about the marquise cut diamond. This female form also deserves some attention. When buying an engagement ring, most men think very traditionally and usually choose a brilliant or princess cut. However, women like the elegant lines of a marquise, and this since the emergence of this diamond form during the reign of the French King Louis XV in the 18th century. Its sharp edges are also beautiful in combination with other diamonds. We would like to take you into the world of the marquise cut diamond.
The marquise cut diamond: shape
In the 18th century, King Louis XV had a diamond designed that resembled the lips of his mistress, Madame de Pompadour. This is how the marquise cut diamond occurred. This shape has been refined over the years to the marquise we know today, with 2 pointed ends. This has made this diamond one of the most feminine and graceful forms. In addition, the long and narrow shape of the marquise makes the fingers look slimmer. Men who plan to buy an engagement ring should consider this.
Buying an engagement ring with a beautiful marquise
A marquise can be set beautifully in any diamond ring, but we also have our favorites. For men who are planning to buy an engagement ring, we recommend to choose a solitaire ring and to replace the traditional brilliant with a beautiful marquise cut diamond. This way you get an original ring, which also exudes a playful and feminine radiance. Therefore, we advise you to choose at least a 1.50 carat in order to get the most beautiful effect. If you want to add some extra sparkle or make the marquise diamond look bigger, we can add a halo at any time. This additional circle of diamonds does not take away the elegant character of the marquise cut diamonds. On the contrary, a halo is a real highlight around the ring of your beloved.
If you are planning to buy an engagement ring, set with a marquise or other diamond, then you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at our extensive collection. If you are interested in a particular model, or if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.