Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Diamond is one of the hardest materials in the world. It is a gemstone that traditionally captures the imagination the most. People buy diamond jewels to express their love to someone but also to show how powerful they are. It is a stone that inspires. A lot has been written about diamond(s), but there certainly are things you do not know:
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.670 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 26.450 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom ￥ 4.770 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom ￥ 6.910 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom ￥ 26.210 (excl. VAT)
- The word diamond is derived from the Greek word Adamas, which means invincible and unbreakable. The fascination for the diamond is anything but a modern issue, but goes way back in history. Myths about diamonds were the order of the day in the antiquity.
- Recently it has become very popular to buy jewels set with coloured diamonds. Did you know that red is by far the rarest colour for a diamond? And thereby the most expensive! A perfect example is the red Moussaieff diamond of 5.11 carat that was sold at an auction for 8 million American dollars.
- The average (mined) diamond is 1 to 3 billion years old. So, that means that the diamond processed in your favourite jewel is older that the oldest dinosaur.
- The word carat is derived from the intriguing Carob tree, of which the seeds were used in the past as a standard for weighing gemstones. All those seeds have practically the same weight ( 0,197 grams on average): therefore, 1 carat resembles 0,2 grams.
- It used to be far from common to buy a diamond ring for your fiancée. The first diamond engagement ring ever given, was by archduke Maximillian of Austria to Maria of Burgundy in 1477.
If you are considering to buy a diamond ring, then make sure to take a look at our broad collection. From diamond earrings to beautiful necklaces, we undeniably have a jewel that fits your style and taste. Do not hesitate to contact us.