Diamond is one of the hardest materials in the world. It is a gemstone that traditionally captures the imagination the most. People buy diamond jewels to express their love to someone but also to show how powerful they are. It is a stone that inspires. A lot has been written about diamond(s), but there certainly are things you do not know:
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.50 carat diamond gradient bracelet in yellow goldFrom ￥ 22.780 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom ￥ 9.880 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 15.320 (excl. VAT)
XO earrings in red gold with small round diamondsFrom ￥ 3.350 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom ￥ 6.850 (excl. VAT)
- The word diamond is derived from the Greek word Adamas, which means invincible and unbreakable. The fascination for the diamond is anything but a modern issue, but goes way back in history. Myths about diamonds were the order of the day in the antiquity.
- Recently it has become very popular to buy jewels set with coloured diamonds. Did you know that red is by far the rarest colour for a diamond? And thereby the most expensive! A perfect example is the red Moussaieff diamond of 5.11 carat that was sold at an auction for 8 million American dollars.
- The average (mined) diamond is 1 to 3 billion years old. So, that means that the diamond processed in your favourite jewel is older that the oldest dinosaur.
- The word carat is derived from the intriguing Carob tree, of which the seeds were used in the past as a standard for weighing gemstones. All those seeds have practically the same weight ( 0,197 grams on average): therefore, 1 carat resembles 0,2 grams.
- It used to be far from common to buy a diamond ring for your fiancée. The first diamond engagement ring ever given, was by archduke Maximillian of Austria to Maria of Burgundy in 1477.
If you are considering to buy a diamond ring, then make sure to take a look at our broad collection. From diamond earrings to beautiful necklaces, we undeniably have a jewel that fits your style and taste. Do not hesitate to contact us.