A diamond is a unique and luxurious gift. Coloured diamonds add an extra dimension. Compared to the yellow varieties, red diamonds are very rare. You can set red diamonds in any piece of jewellery. Are you a fan of red, but looking for a lower price? Then the ruby is a great alternative.
- What is a red diamond?
- How did red diamonds come about?
- How rare are red diamonds?
- The value of a red diamond
- Combining romantic red diamonds
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 15.320 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom ￥ 7.470 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 17.420 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat white golden solitaire pendant with round diamondFrom ￥ 13.370 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom ￥ 13.370 (excl. VAT)
So far, only 20 to 30 red diamonds have been found
The largest red diamond ever found weighed 13.0 carats
The most famous red diamonds in the world
- The Moussaiëff Red Diamond is the largest and most expensive red diamond ever found. When this precious stone was found in the early 1990s by a farmer in the Abaetezinho river (Brazil) it weighed 13.9 carats.The William Goldberg Diamond Corporation, a jewellery company from New York, bought the diamond and had it cut into a round brilliant cut of 5.11 carats. It was then bought by the Israeli-British jeweller Shlomo Moussaiëff, who gave it his name. The precious stone is valued at 15 million dollars.
2. The DeYoung Red Diamond is the third largest red diamond in the world. The stone was originally found at a flea market where it was thought to be a red garnet. It was eventually given to the National Museum of Natural history in 1987.
3. Weighing 35 carat, the Kazanjian Red Diamond is the second most famous red diamond in the world. The stone, cut in emerald shape, was seized by Nazi soldiers during the Second World War. In 2007, Kazanjian Bros. Inc. bought the stone from an anonymous jeweller. Today, the stone is said to be worth more than 50 million dollars.
The simpler the jewellery, the more timeless it is