Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
A watch is an accessory that exudes style and class. Whether you're always late or on time; everyone deserves a stunning watch. Are you looking for a watch for yourself or as a gift for someone close to your heart? As a matter of fact: a gold watch is the ultimate timeless gift. But what is the better option, a mechanical or quartz watch? And, what internal mechanism functions of the timepiece should you take into account? We are delighted to guide you through the different collections and options, helping you to make a well-considered choice.
- Which watch suits me best?
- Watch types
- Choosing the style that suits you best
- Choosing the right components and materials for your watch
- Determining the right watch size
- Watch servicing
Most viewed diamond jewels
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom ￥ 9.610 (excl. VAT)
0.30 carat diamond stackable alliance in yellow gold with marquise designFrom ￥ 7.710 (excl. VAT)
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 17.950 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat diamond flower ring in platinumFrom ￥ 6.910 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom ￥ 26.210 (excl. VAT)
The Italian collection is ideal for those looking for a more contemporary watch. This collection is more varied, making it easier to match the watch with your outfit.
Your complexion and wardrobe palette will determine your choice of precious metal and strap. BAUNAT offers a choice of three types of gold for the case and the watch strap. Moreover, there is a choice between elegant leather straps in premium calf leather or alligator leather, whichever takes your fancy. Which look appeals to you, a sporty or refined one?
Quartz timepieces offer unbeatable price/quality ratio, whereas mechanical timepieces prove that true beauty lies within
A quartz watch
Quartz watches are ideal for everyday use .
Leaving you to enjoy a watch that boasts highly accurate timekeeping.
A mechanical watch
The complexity and craftsmanship of this type of timepiece does involve more upkeep.
After we've talked about the different types of watches, we'll look at the various styles of watches. Key is that you choose the right style to match your lifestyle. This way you'll have a watch that lasts longer and gives pleasure for longer.
There are many different styles to choose from:
- Chronograph watch: this has an extra feature, a stopwatch
- GMT watch: this timepiece has an extra 24-hour format hand
- Moonphase watch: this tracks the moon's status, based on the calendar display
- Day/night watch: this indicates whether it is night or day
- Dive watch: one of the few water resistant watches
- Pilot watch: designed especially for pilots with various additional sub dials
- Field watch: a military watch designed to withstand a range of weather conditions
- Smart watches: the newest watch type around that can connect with your Smartphone
Certain designs go hand in hand with a watch brand. The BAUNAT Italian collection features, among others, watches with a chronograph and tachymeter.
Although timepieces literally must go along with the times, your preference lies with a timeless, stylish design with qualitative, durable materials
The watch case
Your watch strap
Opting for high quality is definitely recommended for the watch strap
As standard, the watch strap is half the width of the watch case. Although, this might not be the case, depending on the watch type selected. Be sure to take the above-mentioned points into consideration. You want your watch to reflect your style, and that's only possible if you choose the right watch size.
Over and above that you will need to look after the watch yourself too. Try to avoid contact with water and hard surfaces as much as you can. Leather straps are best maintained by regularly rubbing a dry cotton cloth over them. Never try to clean your timepiece yourself using a toothbrush.
The BAUNAT watch collections
Read more about watches
You now know how to choose the perfect watch and what to look out for. Would you like to find out more? Read on below.