Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- Choosing the perfect wedding ring
- Buying an engagement ring: expert tips & tricks
- Which earrings are the right ones for you?
- How to choose the perfect diamond bracelet?
- How to choose a necklace for ladies?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- A guide to building up your jewellery collection
- What types of precious metals are there?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Jewellery trends and innovations in 2020
- What sorts of diamond setting are there?
Are you getting ready to propose to your partner? As you know, a marriage proposal is not an everyday event. It is a unique moment between you and your intended, and you will want everything to go perfectly. You will want a setting that perfectly represents your love, and of course, the perfect engagement ring. No idea where to start? We know how overwhelming planning a proposal can be, so follow the five tips in our engagement ring buying guide to discover what engagement ring to buy.
Most viewed diamond jewels
- 1.90 carat solitaire ring in white gold with oval diamondFrom USD 2.550 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom USD 1.410 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.320 (excl. VAT)
- 0.70 carat solitaire ring in white gold with princess diamond and side diamondsFrom USD 2.100 (excl. VAT)
- 0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in white gold with side diamondsFrom USD 2.420 (excl. VAT)
What is the difference between an engagement ring and a wedding ring?
In this diamond engagement ring buying guide, let us first outline the difference between an engagement ring and a wedding ring. Although both rings symbolise the eternal bond between two soulmates, there are a few differences between them in terms of both the purchasing process and their outward appearances.
The partner intending to propose tends to buy the engagement ring by themselves, whereas wedding rings are usually bought together. According to tradition, engagement rings usually have a sparkling diamond, whereas wedding rings tend to be a single band without any gemstones. However, you can, of course, choose whatever ring best suits the two of you, both as individuals and as a couple.
A kiss on the hand is nice but a diamond bracelet is forever
What engagement ring to buy as a ‘safe choice’?
Fancy an engagement ring that makes a statement?
Discover our High Jewellery collection.
Tips to buy an engagement ring with the right diamond
Tips to buy an engagement ring: Think about the diamond cut
Which trends are we aware of?
How do you add colour to her engagement ring?
This engagement ring buying guide would recommend combining yellow and white gold if you prefer to keep things plain and simple. If you are looking for something more eye-catching, then try combining white and red gold. A multicoloured ring might be a little more expensive, but you will be sure to have an absolutely unique engagement ring.
The higher the carat weight, the higher the price of the engagement ring.
How much should an engagement ring cost?
An engagement ring for men?
What alternatives are there to engagement rings?
How should I ask her father for her hand?
According to this engagement ring buying guide, this happens much less frequently and is less important today, but it still has a certain charm. Many couples already live together before they get married, meaning that the change is a lot less distinct. Many still ask for permission for romantic reasons. You can also ask for tips on making the proposal extra special and advice on buying the engagement ring.
True love stories have no ending.
What should you consider when organising a proposal?
In Belgium, you need to register that you intend to marry at least 14 days and up to six months beforehand for civil marriages. You need to visit the civil registry where you live and where your wedding ceremony will take place. You have to bring your identity cards, both your birth certificates, any marriage contract and an excerpt from the death or divorce certificate if you were previously married.
Some people turn their notice of marriage into an event almost as significant as the actual wedding ceremony.
Are you ready to decide?
Not quite sure? Then consider a few classic choices. The most traditional and safe option is the round brilliant single diamond. But a diamond ring with several stones or coloured gemstones will also make her jaw drop.
Choose from the collection or go for a custom piece of jewellery
Handy information about engagement rings
- Can I choose a non-diamond engagement ring?
- Where does the idea of proposing with an engagement ring stem from?
- Which hand should you wear your engagement or wedding ring on, right or left?
How much should her perfect engagement ring cost?