Blogs in the spotlight
- How do I buy the perfect diamond ring?
- How do I choose the perfect wedding ring?
- How to buy an engagement ring?
- Which earrings are perfect for you?
- How to choose a diamond bracelet?
- Which ladies' necklace will make you sparkle?
- Take your time in choosing your watch
- What's the right jewellery for each occasion?
- Why buy diamond jewellery online?
- What types of precious metals are there?
- Whqt types of gemstones are there?
Anyone who wears an engagement or wedding ring all the time, knows that they can sometimes suffer as a result of conditions. Salt and chlorine, in particular, can damage expensive jewellery. When you swim in the sea or a pool, you are advised to take your rings off.
- How does chlorine damage silver, gold, diamonds and gemstones?
- How much damage does salt water cause to your jewellery?
- How can you clean jewellery that has been exposed to chlorine?
- Caring for your jewellery
- Read more about jewellery collections
Most viewed diamond jewels
VeneziaFrom ￥ 38.670 (excl. VAT)
1.50 carat ring in red gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 26.450 (excl. VAT)
0.90 carat solitaire diamond ring in platinum with six prongsFrom ￥ 9.610 (excl. VAT)
0.55 carat diamond eternity ring (full set) in white goldFrom ￥ 8.100 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire halo ring in white gold with round diamondsFrom ￥ 19.620 (excl. VAT)
An experienced jeweller can professionally clean and polish your jewellery
Thediamonds themselves are also damaged by salt. The facets can get blemished and this gives your diamond a dull appearance. Salt damages all diamonds, even the very best quality.
- Rinse them off as quickly as possible with clean, fresh water.
- Do not use any aggressive cleaning agents as they may cause more damage to your jewellery.
- Add a few drops of gentle washing-up liquid to lukewarm water.
- Leave your jewellery to soak in the water for 15-20 minutes and rinse under the tap.
- Finally, dry with a non-fibrous cloth.
Keep your jewellery safely in its original box or a soft, fabric bag. Make sure that your various diamond rings do not touch one another. Diamond is the hardest gem stone in the world but can be damaged if it comes into contact with another diamond.
Diamonds can be easily cleaned by polishing regularly with a microfibre cloth, a soft toothbrush or make-up brush. This will remove dirt and dust. However, try not to rub too hard with the microfibre cloths as they could catch on the prongs and leave threads or deform them. Never scrub too hard with the brush.
This cleaning process is best left to a professional so you are advised to use one of our experts. They will clean your expensive jewellery with professional equipment and the utmost care.