Colour choices say a lot about someone's personality. According to colour psychology, yellow is the most positive, divine and creative colour. It is also an excellent choice for a diamond. Naturally coloured diamonds have been gaining in popularity for some time and the yellow coloured diamond is one of the more affordable varieties.
- What is a yellow diamond?
- The value and advantages of a yellow diamond
- How do I mix and match a yellow diamond?
- Jewellery made to order with yellow diamonds, from BAUNAT
Most viewed diamond jewels
1.20 carat diamond eternity ring in red goldFrom ￥ 15.110 (excl. VAT)
0.75 carat diamond creole earrings in yellow goldFrom ￥ 14.040 (excl. VAT)
1.00 carat solitaire diamond ring in white goldFrom ￥ 13.200 (excl. VAT)
1.06 carat diamond design necklace in platinumFrom ￥ 19.790 (excl. VAT)
4.00 carat diamond tennis bracelet in white goldFrom ￥ 26.540 (excl. VAT)
A yellow diamond looks great in combination with colourless diamonds
The most valuable yellow diamonds in the world
- Tiffany Yellow Diamond: This yellow diamond is one of the largest yellow diamonds ever. It was cut into a cushion shape with a carat weight of 128.54 carat and found in the Kimberley mine in South Africa. Actress Audrey Hepburn wore a necklace with the Tiffany Yellow Diamond in promotional shots for Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- The Cora Sun-Drop Diamond: this diamond is the largest-known yellow pear-shaped diamond, with a carat weight of 110. In November 2011, it was sold by Sotheby’s at an auction in Geneva for $10.9 million. The Sun-Drop was also found in South Africa.
- The Florentine Diamond: the Florentine Diamond, a yellow-coloured diamond which has, unfortunately, mysteriously disappeared, was apparently even more valuable. Whereas the Sun-Drop has a carat weight of 110, the carat weight of the Indian Florentine Diamond is 137 carats.
Nothing more eye-catching than a coloured diamond on your finger. How often do you see someone walking around with a yellow diamond ring? An original choice, then. This colour is even more beautiful on women with a warm skin tone. But be guided mostly by your personal taste and style.